Thursday, July 16, 2009

The last night

Tonight is our last night at Gesundheit. We had a campfire sing-along extravaganza of epic proportions. I cannot believe the week is over. It has gone by so fast, but in a way it also feels like it has stretched on far longer than an average week. I think it's mostly because I've grown so incredibly much while being here, so the person I was when I arrived seems so far away from who I am now, and somehow this translates into a feeling of expanded time. I will miss this place and these people immensely, but I know this is just the beginning. It is now 4:12 AM and I've just had a wonderful first conversation with someone who I haven't really had the chance to get to talk to yet. I sometimes feel as if I'm living in a dream, a life so richly blessed it can't be true. If I am, I hope to sleep forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment